So it’s no news to those who know me that I’m obsessed (okay maybe addicted is a better word) to everything Harry Potter. Owning everything from the books, to the funko figures plus multiple HP inspired tattoos, boasting my Slytherin Pride whilst I recite the films word for word. But why do I love HP so much? What about J K Rowlings fantastical world hooked me from the start and continued into my adult life? Well as a child is was amazing to me to read about this crazy magical world from the perspective of a boy who’d been raised knowing nothing about it. The creatures, spells, characters and plot were incredible and you felt drawn into the magical world, this was made even better when the films came out as you finally saw that world you’d imagined all that time come to life on the screen.
So here’s a list of “394″ confessions from this Harry Potter addict (it wont actually be 394, I think … possibly)
- Hearing the song of your people (Hedwigs tune) and rushing to watch it not matter what you were doing previously.
- Owning the whole book and dvd collection including The Cursed Child (with extras incase you lose or break one)
- Reciting the films word for word because you’ve watched them so many times it becomes second nature.
- When it comes to picking an outfit to wear and most of your choices are Harry Potter themed, yes this includes pajamas and underwear.
- Having multiple Pottermore accounts and being enrolled in Hogwarts Online
- When shopping you always find the Harry Potter section, even when you didn’t know there was one and ALWAYS leave with most if not all of the things.
- Owning and buying as much merchandise as your bank account will allow that month.
- Crying over all the IMPORTANT deaths *coughs* Hedwig *coughs* Dobby
- Harry Potter Pickup Lines … need I say anymore
- Hoping Rowling will do something new for the Harry Potter series, mainly wanting something for the Mauraders.
- Secretly trying to learn Parseltongue and failing miserably.
- Shipping odd couples: Dramione, Drarry, Druna, Hermione/Luna, Lupin/Sirius
- Having a crush on multiple characters … and maybe dreaming about a few.
- Wanting desperately to visit all the Harry Potter attractions.
- Wishing you owned a castle so you could decorate it like Hogwarts.
- Wishing it was socially acceptable to walk around head to toe in Harry Potter gear or Hogwarts robes (but not minding and doing it anyways)
- Wishing the films were exactly like the books not matter how long they might end up.
- Being tempted to name all future pets and children after your favourite characters
- Fangirling for hours with your best friend over the littlest HP related news.
- When your best friend is also obsessed so together you’re training the 6 week old to also love Harry Potter (and it’s starting to work)
So are you obsessed with any fandoms? If so confess something about it in the comment section below.