“It is impossible to live without failing at something, unless you live so cautiously that you might as well not have lived at all – in which case, you fail by default.” – J K Rowlings
So like many I have things that we consider flaws, some are genetic others a factor of lifestyle and personality. But many of them are at least in my mind fixable given time and will to better yourself. Here are what I consider 5 of my fixable flaws:
- Procrastination – I have always had a problem with getting up and getting things done. As I’ve gotten older and started to learn more about responsibility, however I still struggle with it. To fix it I’ve started writing daily goals to ensure I do what I need to, as well as making sure I stick to my blog post schedule.
- Fitness – Lately I’ve started getting really into fitness again, however my stamina and strength aren’t as they were before. To overcome this I’ve been making sure I work out for at least 30 minutes a day, upping my cardio and weight training to help better myself
- Motivation – this goes hand in hand with that last two, some days I would like to be able to just jump out of bed, full of smiles and power through my to-do lists, however I’m human (mostly cat but still) but I’ve decided to start working on this. Mainly by setting a time to wake up every day and sticking to it, trying to fulfill at least 3 things a day off my lists and working out every day.
- Unhealthy eating (junk food) – Now I love cooking and healthy meals but sometimes there’s nothing better than a greasy takeaway, chocolate bar or something sugary sweet. However I understand these are detremental to my health and fitness goals so I’ve decided to do as I did with soda and energy drinks, and take a month out where I don’t eat any takeaways.
- Creative slump/block – This is something that terrifies me as a creative person, I’ve recently had trouble creating something, anything. But I realised that my keeping away from drawing because I feel as though my work is bad at the moment isn’t helping me so I’m taking it upon myself to try drawing or creating something everyday even if it’s just a little doodle, as well as working on my photography which is a newly reignited love of mine.
So do you have a fixable “flaw”? If so what is it and can you do to fix it? Leave your answers in the comment section below.