So yesterday was my birthday, happy 25th to me. And I realised something I’m a much different person to who I was 10 years ago and that’s okay. Here’s an interesting little post I put together with 25 things … lessons if you will that I’ve learnt in my 25 years on this crazy wonderful planet.
- It’s okay to not know/take your time figuring out what you want to do in life.
2. No matter what you do in life someone will judge you, just ignore them and do your own thing.
3. The friends you have as a teen may not be your friends in adulthood.
4. If you enjoy something do it often. (so long as it doesn’t hurt you or others)
5. Not everyone wants to see you succeed … do it anyways.
6. It’s okay to ask for help.
7. Mental illnesses don’t mean you’re weak.
8. Don’t ever feel embarrassed for enjoying studying or learning new skills.
9. The earlier you start looking after you body the better.
10. Naps are a lifesaver.
11. Sometimes you just need to bundle up on the sofa with a blanket and a good book, movie or tv series.
12. Dance and Sing like no ones watching. It’s good for the soul.
13. Just because you have a different opinion to someone doesn’t mean you’re right and vice versa.
14. Sometimes things don’t work. It’s not failure if you learn from it.
15. Everything happens for a reason.
16. Life’s too short to waste time on regret.
17. Don’t reply to texts, emails or messages when angry; take time to calm down then think things through before responding.
18. Being silly, having “childish” hobbies or having obsessions *cough Harry Potter cough*, doesn’t make you any less of an adult.
19. Your goals, wants, thoughts and opinions will change.
20. Always have a goal in mind with everything you do.
21. TO DO LISTS!
22. It’s not selfish to say no to people.
23. It’s okay to cut negative/toxic people out of your life; even if they’re family.
24. Enjoy the little things.
25. Everyone changes over time, it’s just a part of life.
So what things have you learnt over time? Share in the comments below.
Follow my blog with Bloglovin