It’s safe to say that over the past few months my routine has definitely changed, (thankyou motherhood). I had a pretty chill routine during the week on days I wasn’t at university up until the last few months; I was quite far along in my pregnancy and in my final year so lots to do on those busy days.
So here is my updated morning routine.
- The day starts at 6:45am after a night of getting up every few hours for baby. Drink a glass of water, take my vitamins, use the bathroom then tend to baby.
- Change and feed the baby (Hope to goddess there isn’t a poopslosion to deal with) then get him dressed.
- Then it’s time for cuddles on the sofa for an hour or so. I love this he’s always so giggling and cuddly on a morning so it’s great after a long night.
- Then playtime – we practice rolling, crawling, sitting up. We read books, sing, dance, play with toys the works. We do this for about an hour or so this usually tuckers the Bug out.
- Then it’s nap time. Whilst baby naps this mummy gets to drink coffee, snack/have breakfast and check her social media. And make herself feel somewhat human.
And there you have it my updated morning routine. It sounds pretty chill but with a baby, it’s changed dramatically and I’m usually exhausted by the time baby goes down for his morning nap, but honestly, I wouldn’t have it any other way.
So how about you guys? What’s your morning routine like and is it different to last year? Let’s talk about it in the comments below.