It’s safe to say that just like most people my teenage life was tumultuous. Between friend worries and drama, family issues and school stress, top it off with depression and anxiety and it felt like a neverending pit of crap. So here’s a list of 5 things I wish I’d known as a teen that would have helped me as an adult.
- These so-called ‘friends’ you keep trying to please won’t be around when it matters so stop trying to please them all the time.
- Following on from that; you don’t need alcohol to have fun. If you do then it’s either the people or activity that needs changing.
- Things in life are rarely handed to you. Work hard for what you want or you’ll never get there.
- You’ll struggle but you’ll be okay.
- And finally; You’ll get there. Yes, things are tough now but trust me your mental health will improve, you’ll meet the love of your life, have an amazing baby and family and be happy. So don’t stress the small things.
It’s safe to say things would have been different had I known these things. Or maybe I secretly knew them but being a stubborn teenager ignored my better judgment I don’t know but at least I can reflect on them now and help my son as he grows up.
So is there anything you wish you could have told your younger self? Things that you know now that would have helped?
If so share them in the comments below.
Follow my blog with Bloglovin