There’s nothing better on a cold day than sitting down to a bowl of warm comforting soup. Now I generally don’t like soup but as a rule, I tend to love anything sweet potato and as my attempt at eating healthier more wholesome meals I decided to create my own soup recipe, modifying a traditional sweet potato soup recipe.
3 sweet potatoes
3 white potatoes
800ml vegetable broth
1 tbsp oil, 1 red onion, 2 cloves garlic, 1 tsp ginger
1 tbsp paprika, 1 tsp cinnamon, 1 tsp cajun seasoning
sprinkle of salt, white sugar and chilli flakes
- To a large saucepan, heat the oil on medium heat, add the diced red onion, crushed garlic cloves and ginger.
- Add the vegetable broth, bring to a boil.
- Peel and diced the potatoes, add to the broth, lower the heat.
- Add paprika, cinnamon, cajun seasonings, salt, white sugar and chilli flakes.
- Cook until potatoes have softened.
- Take off heat and let cool.
- Puree soup, reheat and enjoy.
The blend of the sweet potato, spices, and hint of chilli come together nicely to create this smooth, creamy soup. The flavours mix together perfectly (at least in my opinion), I usually pair it with a few crackers or sprinkle some more chilli flakes or a drizzle of sriracha.
What’s your favourite soup recipe? If you try this please take photographs and tag my facebook page WatchMeBlather.
Follow my blog with Bloglovin