So this is me. 24 years old, more piercings and tattoos than most people would like me to have, addicted to the nostalgia of shows like Buffy, Angel, Charmed etc, obsessed with Studio Ghibli, Disney, Musicals and Horror films and CATS. But is that all there is to me? No. Now I must admit I was inspired to write this blog post by another blogger called Jasmin* but it really got me thinking about how people see me, what I want and if I’m on the right track to getting there.
- I will have hopefully set up my own business and be comfortable with my income.
- Living in a home that I love (I don’t even have to own it but that would be nice)
- Watching my partner (hopefully husband by then) fulfil his dream career
- Which leads me onto this one: Married? Kids? We’ve been engaged going on two years, together for going on five and hopefully in five years we’ll have our own family (with more cats of course 😛 )
- And lastly: I hope I’m happy. Struggling with mental health issues my entire teen and into adult life has made things difficult but I strive to be optimistic so I wont let the bad times affect my entire outlook.
So there it is. Five goals/hopes/wishes (whatever you wish to call them) to strive for in five years. I usually find it hard to genuinely know what I want but that’s what I want right now. And who knows in a year, two years, five years I may change my mind and want something different or life might take a different turn for me. But as long as I’m happy I’ll get to where I need to be.
So where do you see yourself in five years?
Also head over to Jasmins post and show her some love.